Thursday 19 June 2008

First post!!!

Right so after much thought about who to feature in my film studies project, I narrowed it down to Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. Two of these being performers and one being a director who were all known to work together and carried the same expectations, it was hard to choose between the three.

After Miss Ward mentioning how interesting it would be to do Helena Bonham Carter, I decided it would be best as she has many factors to her name to consider and Johnny Depp and Tim Burton would probably be popular choices amongst other students throughout the nation.

I started off trying to look for websites or fansites dedicated to the English actress and immediately found something that was very helpful called www.helena-world.com. With fans I can ask for help and much information on the actress, it was an excellent starting point on my quest to research into the life of the actress and how exactly she became a recognisable auteur.

I will be doing much more research into her, including watching extras on DVDs and reading reviews based mainly on the actress herself.

My hypothesis will be;
From Corset Queen to Gothic Icon - To what extent does Helena Bonham Carter's dark performance shape her films?

No comments: